Pages

Sunday 13 September, 2009

8KMiles Conquered, More To Go (365 days ago).


The title of this article looks interesting, isn't it? Want to know why 8KMiles? That is the distance between the two Silicon Valley’s - Bangalore (India) & San Francisco.

As far as conquering the distance, oh! yes, it was feeling of ‘déjà vu’ when the Boeing 737 of Singapore Airlines (fm Singapore to SFO) in which I was travelling was hovering around the SFO Airport waiting for its turn to land and my eyes were dying to see more of the mountains and the sea surrounding the SFO International Airport.

As an avid fan and player of Lawn Tennis, just want to draw a comparison here. I don't know how Roger Federer would have felt on the match point for his maiden French Open title after 3 successive finals (losing to Rafael Nadal all the three times), but when the flight landed finally at the SFO Airport and I walked out after completing the immigration formalities (thanks to the immigration officer who let me in though I could barely speak overwhelmed by the situation), it was a dream come true. Something, which I will cherish for a life time.

The visit was even more special as my student visa was once rejected in 2001 when I intended to pursue an MS in Journalism & Technical Communication at the Colorado State University in Denver. And now, I see myself at the heart of the Silicon Valley to attend one of the prestigious IT events – The Oracle Open World – 2008.

They say God has his own ways of blessing people and that when he decides to give something to you; he does it with all his might. In pure Hyderabadi terms it goes - “Jab Bhagwan Detha Hai to Chappad Phad ke Detha Hai.”

Last but not the least, my sincere thanks to Mr. G K Murthy a.k.a. “GK” (SVP – Sales & Marketing) who entrusted me with the responsibility of devising of our company’s (Sierra Atlantic) “Exhibit” for the "Oracle Open World event" and gave me the opportunity to see the other side of the globe.

Pic: "Aerial View of the San Francisco International Airport."

No comments: